current job openings at fishers united methodist church
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENT:
15 hours a week
- Responsible for managing Connection Central Ministries on Sunday mornings in assisting congregants and guests in locating the “current happenings” at Fishers United Methodist Church.
- Support the ministry leaders for the Ushering and Greeting Ministries; as well as manage Coffee Hour needs.
- Develop follow-up protocol for first time guests.
Needs to be a committed Christian and share the basic tenets of faith of the United Methodist Church. Should be experienced and demonstrate the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. Should have leadership skills and the ability to deal effectively with inquiries, concerns, follow-up regarding requests of congregation, guests and staff. Should be good at communicating to all age levels. Should possess good organizational skills, attention to detail with regards to record keeping and church procedures. Should have the ability to coordinate and support Ushering and Greeting Ministries and Coffee Hour needs. Minimal educational requirement of a high school diploma and related work experience.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Manage Connection Central Ministries on Sunday mornings with the goal to develop hospitality/connection points at doors 2 and 4 in addition to Connection Central at Door 3.
- Actively build relationships with congregation members and guests.
Recruit and maintain trained Connection Central Volunteers to manage Connection Central when Hospitality Coordinator is not available. (i.e. vacation, Coffee with the Pastors)
Communicate new volunteer contact information to the Associate Pastor.
- Provide weekly follow-up on those making new connections to ensure they were contacted. Log follow-up activities and have available for reporting purposes.
- Provide a weekly report of activities and outcomes as directed by Associate Pastor.
- Outward faith in God and spiritual maturity.
- An active personal prayer life.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Friendly out-going personality
- Communication and people skills.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Skillful and adept at building and recruiting teams, as we shift to more team-based ministries.
- Good teamwork and problem-solving skills when working with congregation, guests and staff.
- An ability to be diplomatic and to maintain confidentiality.
APPLY FOR HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR POSITION