United Methodist Men
The Fishers United Methodist Men is a means for men of the congregation to experience spiritual growth and faith development in a group environment.
By strengthening the centrality of Christ in our lives and modeling the servant leadership of Christ, we seek to clarify our roles and responsibilities in family settings, the workplace, and society.
We support the total ministry of the congregation through outreach and mission projects including a few fund raising projects each year and distribution of funds raised to a number of of worthwhile organizations--local, regional, and broader (see below).
The UMM meets monthly for breakfast on the 2nd Saturday of the month to share concerns and joys, devotionals, prayer, updates on outreach, a hot breakfast, and other activity meeting the needs and interests of the group.
All men of the congregation are considered members of the United Methodist Men. You are invited to join in--2nd Saturday of the month in the Dining Room at 8:00 AM.
UMM Missions and Outreach, 2018/2019
- United Methodist Committee on Relief [UMCOR]--Disaster Relief
- The Navigators (IUPUI + Regional)--Campus Ministries
- Boy Scouts--Outdoor Challenge (Belzer)--Youth Development
Chaucie’s Place--Child Sexual Abuse & Suicide Prevention
- The O’Connor House--Pregnant Mother Support
- Fletcher Place--Methodist Inner City Ministry
- Ascent 211--Human Trafficking
- Janus Development Service--Life Skills for People w/Disabilities
- IU School of Medicine--Spiritual Care Research for Advanced Cancer Patients
- Hamilton County Jail Ministry--Inmate Mission
- Wounded Warrior--Veteran Support
- Lenten Breakfast Host--Metro Ministries
- Habitat for Humanity--Indianapolis
- Caring Bridge--Internet Caring Site
And others as the need arises
United Methodist Women
To The Woman Who:
* Who wants to be involved in mission locally, nationally, and internationally,
* Who is drawn to fellowship with other women searching for a deeper spiritual relationship with God through Jesus Christ
* Who wants to be engaged in the development and use of her skills for service, leadership and personal growth in her congregation;
* Who is focused on ministries with women, children, and youth;
* Who wants to combine fellowship and outreach opportunities.
We invite you to participate in United Methodist Women of Fishers UMC!
MISSIONS AND SOCIAL ACTIONS:
Some of the missions supported by UMW include the following:
* Lucille Raines Home
* Lebanon Children’s home
* Brightwood Community Center
* East 10th St Church and Day Care
* Fletcher Place Community Center
* Vida Nueva United Methodist Church
* Fishers UMC Yearly Mission Trips (Youth and Adult)
* Third Phase
Some past activities included Baby Bundles which provides new baby items for mothers in need through Community North Hospital, Tipton and bi-lingual UMW group in Frankfort, IN. UMW also provided lunch for Hamilton County Habitat of Humanity. Prevail in Noblesville, IN (advocate for victims of crime and abuse in Hamilton and surrounding counties) is a new mission project.
Blanche Circle: 3rd Wednesday of each month at 10:00am
No meetings December Through February
Location: Church, Dining Room
Chair: Eddie McHargue
This is a group that has a devotion or lesson each meeting. Several times a year they eat lunch at various restaurants. They also support special projects at church and for UMW.
Charity Circle: 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm
Location: Church, Room 278
Co Chairs: Jean Jagger & Billie Entrican
This is a group that loves to do small service projects around the church and food pantry. They also help out at special events at an IPS school and occasionally eat out together! Some of them are working women and some are retired.
Grace Circle: 4th Monday at 11:00am
Location: Church, Dining Room
Chair: Jenica Giffin
This is a group of women of all ages who are dedicated to loving women and children through mission work. They go on one to two outings throughout the year as part their mission focus. Grace has an active presence on social media, as well as online communication. Childcare is provided at each gathering.
Hope Circle: 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30pm
Location: Various Restaurants
Chair: Laurie Ogle
This is a group of made up of moms (although all are welcome). They enjoy getting together to provide friendship and support as they navigate challenges of raising Godly children. Throughout the year they participate in various service projects connected to the church.
Joy Circle: 4th Thursday of each month at 6:30pm
Location: Homes of Joy Circle members
Co Chairs: Darcy Bryant & Rita Sowers
This is a group that has a light meal during which they are able to socialize. They have a devotion or a lesson and discuss UMW business.