April 26, 2021 | Children
- I wonder if the sower has a name.
- I wonder what the sower felt about the birds eating the seeds.
- I wonder if the birds have names.
- I wonder what the sower was doing while the seeds weren't growing.
- I wonder what surprised the sower.
- I wonder what the harvest really was.
Materials that can be used for response time - paint, crayons, markers, paper, Duplos, Legos, building blocks, play dough, journals
Instructions: After watching the Children's Moment and spending time with the wondering questions, have your children do his/her work with some of the items mentioned above. Watch them work and help them if needed. Otherwise, let them create!
Say: “Now it is time to get out our work. What work would you like to do today? You may work with the story we heard today, or you may make something about it. There may be another story you want to work with. There is so much. Think about what you are going to work with and then you may start.”
Ideas: Read scripture; find the story in the Bible; re-tell the story using pictures your children draw; re-tell the story in your own words