current job openings at fishers united methodist church
Program Director For Fishers United Methodist Church Preschool and Mother's Day Out
Summary/Objective: Fishers United Methodist Preschool and Mother’s Day Out Director will provide leadership, oversight, and direction to the preschool program. The director will be a collaborative, hands-on leader who partners with parents and teachers to create a meaningful learning environment for children. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day and overall operations of the Preschool and Mother’s Day Out program, while supporting the mission to enhance learning development for each child. He or she ensures the staff provides the best possible learning and care experience for the children in our programs, oversees the curriculum, and markets the school and its programs. The Director must have extensive knowledge of childcare management and early childhood education and must have the business skills necessary to manage the administrative, operational, and financial aspects of the program.
- Supervise, direct and evaluate a staff of approximately 26 in their development and performance in regards to caring for and teaching students.
- Work with the staff and parents in all situations to ensure the success of each child in the program.
- Create and maintain good record keeping processes.
- Work with staff to formulate and execute a curriculum where children are prepared for future education in accordance with state standards.
- Plan and lead monthly chapel.
- Purchase supplies for general school operating functions.
- Serve as a liaison to preschool board, and assist board with school support functions.
- Organize and implement marketing plan to attract and retain students.
- Provide the best possible learning and care experience for the children in the preschool’s programs (over 200 students).
- Serve as point of contact and effectively communicate with parents, caregivers, school staff, church staff and members as well as community members.
- Create annual budgets and operate the preschool and all programs within that budget.
- Must possess a college degree with a minimum of two years church and/or early childhood leadership experience preferred. However, other combinations of education, training, and experience that provide the required knowledge and skills for effective ministry will be considered.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Social media proficiency essential.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of childcare management and early education standards.
- Is comfortable working with a wide range of people from children to mature adults both inside and outside of the church and school.
- Must possess the business skills to manage the administrative, operational, and financial aspects of the facility including but not limited to proficiency in basic office software such as Microsoft Office and email.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask with minimal supervision in an environment that changes daily based on the needs of children, staff and/or parents.
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping procedures.
**Please fill out the form below to apply or turn in a resume to the Church Office.**