Upward is more than a game! Your child will have fun learning or improving their sport-specific skills through Upward. Participation will give your child a chance to experience good sportsmanship on and off the court.
Program is for kids currently in grades K-6 and will run January-March 2020
Basketball players will receive a reversible mesh jersey, shorts and an Upward T-shirt
- Cheerleaders will receive a jersey, mock turtleneck, and skorts.
Game day and year end awards
Equal playing time for basketball players
A one-hour practice and game each week starting the week of January 11, 2020
Basketball & Cheerleading Fee: $95 per player if registered 9/1 to 9/30, after 9/30 registration is $115. Registration will close on 11/30 (but late registrations will be accepted on a case-by-case basis). There is a $10 discount on registrations for families with multiple children participating.
- Practices will begin on 1/11 for K teams and the week of 1/13 for all other teams.
- One hour per week (same time each week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ,Thursday or Friday nights.
- Kindergarten practices are a half hour and play a half hour on Saturday.
- Practice times are 6-7pm and 7-8pm (typically younger grades early/older grades later)
- Team devotional (approximately 5 minutes)
- Eight (8) one hour games on Saturdays beginning 1/25.
- Game start times vary any time between 8am and 6pm on Saturdays.
- All games will be held at Fishers UMC Family Life Center.
- Maximum 10 players per basketball team
- Each player signs up as an individual – not as a group or team
- Teams are drafted by computer after Evaluation Nights
- Most basketball leagues will have 6-10 teams per league
- Concessions are available on game days. The money raised at concessions supports Fishers UMC student ministry and student mission trips.
- Tickets are available to purchase to give to the teams for an after the game treat.
for more information
Visit the Upward Sports website for more information, including a parent FAQ.