Upward is more than a game! Your child will have fun learning or improving their sport-specific skills through Upward. Participation will give your child a chance to experience good sportsmanship on and off the court.
Program is for kids currently in grades K-6 and runs January-March 2019
- Basketball players will receive a reversible mesh jersey, shorts and an Upward T-shirt
- Game day and year end awards
- Equal playing time for basketball players
- A one-hour practice and game each week starting the week of January 12, 2019
- Basketball Fee: $95 per player if registered by November 10 . $115 per player after November 10
- Everyone MUST attend one basketball evaluation
- Boys and Girls Last Names A-F: November 5, 6-7pm
- Boys and Girls Last Names G-M: November 5, 7-8pm
- Boys and Girls Last Names N-S: November 6, 6-7pm
- Boys and Girls Last Names S-Z: November 6, 7-8pm
- Make Up Days: Boys and Girls Last Names A-M: Saturday November 10, 9-10am; Boys and Girls Last Names M-Z: Saturday November 10, 10-11am
- Practices begin the week of January 12, 2019
- First game is Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Last game is Saturday, March 16, 2019
- One hour per week (same time each week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ,Thursday or Friday nights.
- Kindergarten practices are a half hour and play a half hour on Saturday.
- Practice times are 6-7pm and 7-8pm (typically younger grades early/older grades later)
- Team devotional (approximately 5 minutes)
- Eight (8) one hour games on Saturdays
- Game start times vary any time between 8am and 6pm on Saturdays.
- All games will be held at Fishers UMC Family Life Center.
- Maximum 10 players per basketball team
- Each player signs up as an individual – not as a group or team
- Teams are drafted by computer after Evaluation Nights
- Most basketball leagues will have 6-10 teams per league
- Concessions are available on game days. The money raised at concessions supports Fishers UMC student ministry and student mission trips.
- Tickets are available to purchase to give to the teams for an after the game treat.
for more information
Visit the Upward Sports website for more information, including a parent FAQ.